Saturday, April 7, 2007

Well, then.

Now that's more like it!



A work contract has taken away most of my knitting time lately, but the Jaywalker pattern is now flying along and I'm loving it. I also love the fit of these socks--they're snug without being tight, and they really cuddle my feet. Hooray!

For my next trick, I'm hoping to knit a sweater for Jacob out of some Ultra Alpaca I have left over from my grandmother's afghan and a cardigan I knit myself. I think the colors will do okay together, but does anyone have any suggestions for how to combine them? Stripes? Raglan sleeves in one color with the body in another?

(I'm not sure I have enough yardage of either color to get a sweater in a 2-year-old size...)

3 comments:

Claire said...

I started that sweater, then set it down b/c all the straight st st seemed so boring. Yours really looks great, though, so I think I'll pick it up again after I finish these baby sweaters. And stripes would seem good for a kid. There's always the option of thin vs thick stripes, or even modulating thin & thick...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! :D I'm guessing it worked out well to do the cuff in one size and the foot in another? I'll have to try that when I finally break down and make those... big legs, little feet, yadda yadda.

My vote would be to do a raglan with contrasting sleeves, like a baseball shirt.

Amy said...

I love the idea of thick and thin stripes, Zee! Thanks, I'll have to work with that.

Casey, combining the sizes worked out just fine, I'd recommend it if you're in the same boat as me.