Friday, April 6, 2007

Doomed from the start.

So, apparently I am not fated to make items quickly. The Baby Bolero? Not turning out so well in three pieces. Nothing is coming out the right length. The Opera Scarf? Boring as all hell. I can't work on it long enough to feel like I am making any progress. The Brown Bag? Ran out of yarn. Have NOTHING in my stash that is suitable.
My solution? Dunno. I hate to cast on something else, but it looks like I am going to have to. I am kind of sick of looking at the Bolero and Baby isn't arriving until September. I have plenty of time on that one. Perhaps Katia from Knitty for my cousin who will be two in August. (One half of the Twinkies. I have no idea what to make for her brother yet.)
Any ideas anyone?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sorry to hear about your frustration! I really like plain sweaters on little boys. Ann Norling has a good pattern, but you can probably find a schematic online somewhere too. What yarn are you thinking about?